Wednesday, April 4, 2012

the wonderful place where I spend my days, and the wonderful people I spend them with...oh, and a delicious recipe

After having graduated from NYU last May, I was very fortunate to have started working almost immediately after graduation. Though perhaps slightly insane for taking a week off between school and the real world, I am so lucky to have ended up working where I do. I work for this awesome place called the Child Mind Institute (check us out online: http://www.childmind.org/). CMI is a non-profit organization, as well as a clinical psychology practice. I work on the clinical side, helping to support our wonderful doctors who work very hard. While things can get kind of crazy sometimes around the office, the plethora of adorable kids that continue to come day after day helps make it better. We seriously have some of the cutest munchkins ever. Anyways, CMI does all sorts of things for all sorts of amazing kids. We promote mental health awareness, as well as help so many children with many varying disorders on a daily basis. Come by some time, I'll give you a tour!

In addition to the wonderful place that I work in, I work with truly wonderful people. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky to work with such nice and caring people. They make going into work that much better, and know how to put a smile on my face. And I, know how to put one on theirs as well (at least through my cooking). As I've mentioned before, my work friends are some of my original taste testers. They are always happy to try any sweet thing that I bring into the office to share (thank goodness or I'd eat it all myself). Last weekend, we all got together to celebrate a few birthdays, and my friend moving on to go to medical school (we miss you!). Everyone brought delicious food, and I of course had to bake something special. I have to say, these blondies are simple and amazingly delicious. You can throw them together in a matter of minutes, and they'll definitely impress your guests. Upon request, mine had dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in them, but they seriously take on any chips, nuts, or chunks that you mix in. Make sure you under bake them just a little, and get one fresh out of the oven.

YUM.
Blondies

1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup gluten free flour mix (with xanthum gum)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Mix the melted butter with the brown sugar on medium until smooth
Beat in the egg and vanilla
Once combined, add in the salt, cinnamon, and flour
Mix in your chips (or whatever else you decide to include)
Pour the batter into an 8x8 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or butter
Bake the blondies for 20 minutes, or until the middle has set
enjoy!
gooey deliciousness.
the before, there was not much of an after...

No comments:

Post a Comment