Sunday, January 27, 2013

after a long hiatus...one of my favorite classic combos

After a long hiatus, it is great to say, blogging is back! Thank you to all of my wonderful family and friends who have continued to bug me about new posts. I know it's been awhile, but unfortunately work and future aspirations of grad school have been occupying all of my free time. That being said, I'm back and ready for action. Needless to say my baking and cooking has not ceased during the very busy past few months (thank goodness), and I have been storing up just a few recipes to share with all of you. Now that my blog is back in action, keep checking for new regular posts--lots of yummy sweets to fill your belly during the cold months!!

One of the wonderful things that I do with friends is have little dinner parties. I know I've talked about this before, but I absolutely love having friends over for dinner, or going to a friends apartment with a few dishes in hand. I ALWAYS volunteer for dessert, along usually with another dish, because it's just impossible for me to a. not want to make an amazing new dessert, and b. not want to eat dessert, and not everyone makes gluten free desserts. Plus, tasting along the way and having leftovers is never a bad idea in my opinion!

One of my favorite Halloween candies from when I was younger is butterfingers. Both my sister and I really like anything with peanut butter (who doesn't love Reece's?!), and butterfingers are an amazing blend of crispy crunchy peanut-buttery goodness, coated in chocolate. As you all know, I make a lot of recipes with this flavor combo, but this one was seriously a winner. I wanted to bring back the flavors and texture of this amazing childhood candy memory, and I found a delicious, easy, and gluten free way to do it! I hope you enjoy, and hopefully you'll see some other candy bar-recreations soon on the blog. Happy eating and reading, look for many more posts, soon to come!!

delicious!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Bars

4 tbsp unsalted butter (or margarine would work fine here)
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
crunchy, peanut buttery

chocolatey!

Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add peanut butter, agave, and sugar and cook over medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth
Stir the cornflakes into the peanut butter mixture, and add vanilla. Stir until just combined
Spoon the coated cornflakes onto the prepared pan and smooth over the top
Place a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water and add the chocolate chips
Heat chocolate until just melted and spread over the top of the cornflakes
Sprinkle the top of the dish with peanuts and chill for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares and eating!
enjoy!!

it's good to be back


No comments:

Post a Comment