Saturday, October 27, 2012

a few of my favorites

hello, blogger world. It's been awhile, I've missed you! Thank you for still reading, its so hard to juggle working, studying, and writing, but I haven't stopped baking or cooking, and I'm ready to share it with you! The fall season is here, and with all of my studying, I've somehow found time to sneak away to the farmers market on the weekends (thank goodness). I've been cooking up some great new recipes, and will (hopefully) have time to post them over the next few weeks! So stay tuned, I promise you won't want to miss some of these yummies.

To start us off, I'll go back to an old favorite, re-worked. If you haven't gotten to know me by now, here's a mini-news flash: I love baked goods, chocolate, and peanut butter. The other day, when trying to think of a new, and yummy way to try and combine my favorite flavor combo. Lately I've been very into make breads and loaf cakes. I think there is something wonderfully fall-y about them. My pumpkin bread is one of my absolute favorite things to bake, and one of my creations that I feel 100% comfortable saying, is absolutely delicious! But, I've been trying to branch out a little bit and see what else is out there. You will see a few yummy bread recipes pop up here soon! To start off my new-found relationship with breads, I went with my old classic flavors. It seemed the perfect way to incorporate chocolate and peanut butter into something new and exciting.

This recipe came together easily and was simply delicious. The ingredients are basic, but the flavors are amazing. A word to the wise- this is not your average loaf cake. This is seriously out-of-the-park decadent, but seriously awesome. Cozy up with a warm cup of peppermint tea (or your hot drink of choice) and enjoy a (hefty) slice of this bad boy. It will be so worth it!

delicious.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
(fits 1 loaf pan)

1.5 cups gf flour mix (or ap flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
 3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips

baked to perfection
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
Spray a loaf pan (8.5x4.5 inches) with non-stick cooking spray
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
In a separate bowl, cream together peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer
Add the sugar to the butters and beat together for 5 minutes
Add the eggs and vanilla to the wet batter and mix until combined
Add the dry ingredients into the wet slowly, and mix until just combined
Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the pan
Bake your loaf for 1 hour and 15 minutes, checking the center of loaf at about an hour to see how it is cooking and be sure not to over cook (I like it a little under!)
Remove the loaf and let cool completely before slicing and eating!
enjoy!

yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment